News flash: Standard Bank Joy of Jazz is headed for a sell-out!
Tickets for the Dinaledi Stage for Saturday August 27 as well as the inclusive day passes for the same day have been sold-out. This means that jazz lovers who want to see the legendary Wynton Marsalis will have to catch him at his performance at Emperor’s Palace on August 25. However, tickets are selling fast and fans are urged to book now.
There are still tickets available for the other Standard Bank Joy of Jazz Newtown stages on August 27. They are:
• Mbira Stage: Julius Schultz, Simphiwe Dana, Frank McComb, Jeff Lorber and Alexander O’Neal
• Conga Stage: Olufemi, Mango Groove, Oliver Mtukudzi, Tania Maria and Bonga
• Bassline: Bokani Dyer, Victor Ntoni, Dee Dee Bridgewater, McCoy Mrubatha and Gerald Veasley
The popular day passes which cost R650 are still available for Friday, August 26 and allow patrons to move between performances at the Dinaledi Stage, the Conga and the Mbira Stage. Single entry passes to each venue are also available:
• Dinaledi Stage: African Jazz Pioneers, Brussels Jazz Orchestra and Tutu Puoane, Hugh Masekela and McCoy Tyner
• Mbira Stage : Ringo, Jeff Lorber, Frank McComb and Alexander O’Neal
• Conga Stage: Tu Nokwe, Kwela Tebza, Bonga and Tania Maria
• Bassline: NYJB, HGM Jazz Messengers, Gerald Veasley and Dee Dee Bridgewater
Booking is open at Computicket: